Photographs © Paula Court
Subodh Gupta Celebration
- Saturday, November 9, 6:00 pm
- Sunday, November 10, 6:00 pm
- Monday, November 11, 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 12, 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, November 13, 6:00 pm
- Thursday, November 14, 6:00 pm
- Friday, November 15, 6:00 pm
- Saturday, November 16, 6:00 pm
The Old Bowery Station, 168 Bowery MAP
Gastronomic decadence is symptomatic of celebration. The very etymology of "feast" denotes a large meal typically in celebration of something. Accordingly, Subodh Gupta's commissioned performance seeks to underline the very idea of feast in relation to festivities and celebration. An occasion which gastronomically binds diverse masses across cultures, religions, regions, and race in one common thread, and forms the core idea of this entire project. Celebration pulls from traditions spanning religious practices, regional festivals, and family meals as all aspects are carefully considered, from the utensils used to the preparation of the food. Each night Gupta will prepare and host a meal to visitors in the space.
A Performa Commission.
Generously supported by Hauser & Wirth and Nature Morte.
- Thu. Nov 21, 8:30 pm
- Fri. Nov 22, 8:30 pm
- Sat. Nov 23, 8:30 pm
- Sat. Nov 2, 12:00 pm